Reader Question - I really like the question last week about soulmates being other people to us in other lifetimes. But what I would like to know is this: When you meet your twin flame, does that mean you will no longer need to reincarnate and that you have reached enlightenment?
Exploring this question is very much where I am in my own spiritual evolution. The one thing I know for sure is that my own understanding expands and evolves as I awaken, so this (and all questions for that matter) can only be answered based on what I believe at the moment given my current level of understanding. That is subject to change, as it should be, as we all continue on this awakening and remembering quest. Because this is on the cutting edge of my own evolution, I invite you to join me as I muse on this topic.
Reincarnation deals with the concept of entering another human form and experiencing another human life. It does not speak to the possibilities of experiencing non-human forms or other types of lives. A lot more learned people than me talk about dimensions, or densities, in the Universe. Some of the most vivid descriptions of those dimensions come through deep personal meditation or from channeled words such as those from the collective of non-physical beings who call themselves Abraham as spoken through Esther Hicks.
One of my own personal favorite resources is The Ra Material, called The Law of One in later editions. The Law of One books were channeled by L/L Research (Carla Ruekert, Don Elkins, and Jim McCarthy) between 1981 and 1984. It’s a fascinating study in deliberate channeling. The books are a collected series of transcripts from more than 100 sessions delivered by a non-physical intelligence named Ra, who described themselves as a group of souls at a higher level of spiritual evolution. The series, presenting commentary and transcripts of dialogue between Don Elkins and Ra as channeled through Carla Ruekert, was published between 1982 and 1998
Densities and Dimensions
According to Ra, creation has seven levels, or densities. (I call them dimensions because that makes more sense to me, but it really doesn’t matter. Words are just symbols anyway.) The eighth density then forms the first density of the next octave of experience, the next creation, just as the eighth note of a musical scale begins a new octave. This description resonates profoundly for me because my own life has unfolded in octaves, 8-year cycles characterized by major shifts in the eighth year. My first known vision occurred at age 8 and the octave pattern has continued to this day.
It is Ra’s understanding that “the ways of the octave are without time; that is, there are seven densities in each creation infinitely.” It has not escaped me that the number 8, when laid on its side, is the symbol for infinity. Even Ra, however, point outs that there are limits of their own knowledge based on their level of soul evolution.
We each “see through a glass darkly, then face-to-face.” In other words, each new nugget of truth and wisdom are hidden until we are able to see them. They are hidden in plain sight and we often sense their presence, but are blind to them until something triggers our readiness. We’ve all experienced those Ah-Ha moments when something that has been right before our eyes suddenly makes sense.
Ra describes each density and its associated timeline as follows (excerpted from The Law of One):
• First density is the density of awareness, in which the planet moves out of the formless timeless state into physical manifestation. Its elements are earth, air, water, and fire. On earth, after matter had coalesced and space/time had begun to “unroll its scroll of livingness,” first density took about two billion years.
• Second density is the density of growth, in which what we call biological life emerges and evolves into greater and greater complexity. Second density on earth took about 4.6 billion years.
• Third density is the density of self-awareness and the first density of consciousness of the spirit. It is the “axis upon which the creation turns” because in it entities choose the way (either service to others or service to self) in which they will further their evolution toward the Creator. Third density is much shorter than the other densities, taking only 75,000 years.
• Fourth density is the density of love or understanding. Those who have successfully chosen a path come together with others of like mind in what Ra calls a “social memory complex” in order to pursue that path, either loving self or loving others. Fourth density lasts approximately 30 million years; fourth-density lifespans are approximately 90 thousand years.
• Fifth density is the density of light or wisdom. Lessons are often learned individually rather than as a social memory complex. Fifth-density entities are beautiful, by our standards, because they can consciously shape their physical forms.
• Sixth density is the density of unity, in which love and wisdom are blended together. The two paths reunite as those on the service-to-self path, realizing that they cannot successfully master the lessons of unity without opening their hearts to others, switch their polarity to positive. Ra is sixth-density; their sixth-density cycle is 75 million years.
• Seventh density is the gateway density, in which we once again become one with all. It is “a density of completion and the turning towards timelessness or foreverness.”
• Eighth density is also the beginning of the first density of the next Creation. It is “both omega and alpha, the spiritual mass of the infinite universes becoming one central sun or Creator once again. Then is born a new universe, a new infinity, a new Logos which incorporates all that the Creator has experienced of Itself.”
The densities are somewhat fluid - not all humans arrive at the same density at the same time and it appears possible to revisit densities as needed for enlightenment.
I personally believe that what we experience as human life is the Creator experiencing Itself through the actions of souls – a simplistic description because frankly I lack the vocabulary (has it even been invented?) to convey what I sense.
If you’ll notice, all of the densities, all the types of experiences, all of the awakenings are always flowing towards unity, wisdom, unconditional love, and Source. As you read through the descriptions of the densities, you can see the path of humankind. You can see this Creation and its course of evolution as it has been described by the Bible and other texts, both spiritual and non-spiritual.
If what Ra says is true, and it feels true to me in my own current developmental stage, then the Creator is gathering unto Itself all of these experiences in order to birth a new Universe, a new Infinity.
I think that reuniting with our Twin Soul may be an important component of experiencing love and understanding, perhaps the penultimate experience of this particular Universe, this Creation. But I’m also wondering if it is anything like what we’ve thought it was.
I sleepwalked through the first 40 years of my life. Focused on fitting in, on being conventional, on denying who I sensed myself to Be, yet even through all that resistance I still managed to learn a lot, to experience moments of awe and wonder (like spontaneous visions) although without really taking the time to appreciate or apply them. My focus was on playing by the rules so that someone, anyone, would love me. That notion of doing things "right" in order to be loved came from my childhood.
Just before my 40th birthday, I became aware of a restlessness, a sense that something was gurgling inside. A shift of some unknown kind was erupting deep within my being. Buckle up, Buttercup.
It was as if I sat bolt upright in my life, waking from a deep sleep, not unlike Sleeping Beauty awakening from her 100 year nap. I began making a series of decisions, desperately lurching from one to the next in an attempt to escape and break free of my self-imposed chains.
I became keenly and differently aware that I had been searching for love all my life - and yet knew nothing of love whatsoever. Whatever this thing called love really was, it was not something I had experienced in my relationships up to that point.
Two statements from that 8-year-old vision began playing relentlessly in my head like the proverbial ear worm:
1. You were sent to this family, these circumstances, to learn how to love. (Even at 8 I knew the burning question was “If I’ve been sent to learn how to love, why wasn’t I sent to a loving family?” That question was still bugging me.)
2. ...and you will meet a brother who is not your brother, but who will be your soul’s twin.
Over the next few years, I was led into situation after situation that required me to practice forgiveness, at least as I understood it at the time. Forgiveness of others and ultimately forgiveness of myself. Some days were good, some were tough, and others were downright brutal. Instead of finding love, or what I thought was love, it felt like I was having head-on collisions with more challenges. But at least things were changing and the paradox was that it felt like things were moving in the right direction even though lots of the human experiences sucked.
Gradually, I began to understand that all these forgiveness opportunities were just symbols, that people and circumstances and anything that had form could be no more than symbols because spirit has no form. But symbols of what?
Not love like we as humans think of love. Pure unconditional love, the Love that is the Source of this creation we call our Universe. It was a concept so radical I could feel it, but not articulate it. It became crystal clear that the work we need to do is not in the dimension of the world, but in the dimension of our thoughts and feelings. The dimension that we think of as human experience, this symbolic life that we think is so real, is teaching us through contrast – the contrast between the spirit view of love and the worldly view. The spirit view leads us steadily and steadfastly to reunion with Source. The worldly view leads back into human lives, over and over and over again. When we adopt the spirit view for ourselves, we may no longer need to enter another human life experience.
The opportunity to forgive so many people in so many ways, ultimately forgiving myself (though both are an ongoing process) literally opened up a new density, a new dimension, a new awareness, igniting that sense of waking up. It felt as if forgiveness, and its companion healing, was spreading throughout all my lifetimes not just this one. Forgiving instead of judging opened a door I had never even seen before. And it became crystal clear that forgiveness, that radical foreign concept we as humans struggle with so mightily, was the ticket home.
So what about finding your Twin Soul? Even just a couple of short weeks ago, I would have answered that finding our Soul Twin meant the reunion of the male and female energy that had been separated from each other in the beginning of our human lives. Important note - We're talking about male and female energy, not male and female gender. Gender is an illusion of human life, another symbol of the separateness we perceive between humans and the separation we feel from the rest of our natural soul selves. Finding our Twin Soul is no more or less than reconnecting with the part of our soul that has been cut off and hidden as we struggled with unforgiveness. We frame it as romantic love because that feels like the most desirable form of human love for most people. It’s an analogy we can understand.
As the deeper understanding of forgiveness and the practice of forgiveness enters our lives and helps us transcend our human notion of love, we reconnect with that separated self, our Twin Soul that has been hidden in plain site through all our many lives.
Anne Wade is Teacher, Writer, Mentor, and Coach for courageous women in midlife and beyond who want to disrupt their own status quo and design life on their own terms, even in turbulent times. She has developed the Becoming Found process of going within to find and address the inner barriers we have all inadvertently built up against love, happiness, health, wealth and any other desires of our hearts. Teaching women to unapologetically shine like a superstar and live their legacy is Anne’s mission.
You can follow her on her Facebook page “Anne Wade – Becoming found” or join her “Becoming Found” Facebook group.